Sunday chamber recitals at Conway Hall
07 September, 2017 — By Sebastian Taylor
Pianist Emma Abbate joins the Tippett Quartet on September 10
The Tippet Quartet play Haydn
The new season of affordable chamber music recitals at Conway Hall, Red Lion Square, gets under way this Sunday evening, September 10.
Playing the first recital is the highly regarded Tippett Quartet, first playing a super Haydn quartet. Joined by pianist Emma Abbate, they will then play piano quintets by Schumann and Dvořák.
Other concerts include:
• Sunday, September 17: Zelkova Quartet playing Haydn, Beethoven and Debussy quartets.
• Sunday, September 24: Browell Trio playing Hummel and Frank trios, plus Beethoven’s famed Archduke trio.
• Sunday, October 1: Fulham Opera’s Verdi Prize in memory of baritone Robert Presley. The competition will be judged by Sir Thomas Allen.
• Sunday, October 8: Monte Piano Trio performing pieces by Beethoven, Amy Beach and Dvořák.
• Sunday, October 15: Nous Quartet playing Boccherini, Verdi and Respighi quartets.
• Sunday, October 22: Violinist Harriet Mackenzie and guitarist Morgan Szymanski performing Vivaldi’s violin concerto in D major and pieces by Bach, Piazzolla and De Falla.
• Conway Hall, 2 Red Lion Square, WC1, 020 7405 1818, 6.30pm, £10/cons £8, conwayhall.org.uk/sunday-concerts/