Firefighters tackle ‘battery blaze’ at workshop
22 January, 2021
FIRE investigators believe a blaze at a workshop in King’s Cross began with the failure of a lead acid battery usually used to power up electric scooters and bikes.
Around 25 firefighters were called to the scene in Acton Street on Friday morning.
No injuries were reported but several bikes were damaged, the brigade said.
Two CO2 cylinders were removed to avoid the risk of an explosion.
Crews from Islington, Euston and Soho fire stations were at the scene.